Friday, December 29, 2017

George Winston’s Thanksgiving from his album, Winter



George Winston’s Thanksgiving from his album, Winter


Feeling a little nostalgic this morning…While cruising the net, I ran across this piece on youtube and thought I would post it…accompanied with a few comments from admirers…


I remember my mom would always play this album during thanksgiving day. its back when the farmers burned the cornfields in the area so there was always that odd sweet smell in the air with a warm orange light coming though the windows. we have moved since then and my mom hasn’t played the album in awhile.

Davidevgen

When I was a teenager, I gave this album (in cassette form) to my mom for her 40th birthday. We were so poor, the only place we had a tape player was in the car....we hopped in the car and drove for 1.5 hours so we could listen to it 3 times....the best memories of my teenage years!!! My mom is still alive and I just called her to let her know she could listen to is again from her computer. We both cried tears of joy and shared memories.

Amy Metcalf

This song is the first track on a Windham Hill Christmas album that my family always used to play on Thanksgiving Day, right after the Macy's Parade- so it was always the first music of the holiday season for us. Hearing it brings back this enormous rush of nostalgic for my childhood.

Saena

Each time I hear it, I get this sense of nostalgia for something lost or in the past, that once was, but will never be.

Mygalmo

When I was a little boy, my mom wanted to listen to 'thanksgiving' that I playing for her. I was very shy for it, so I could hardly play, although I could do that well as a child.now I'm not a boy..over 30years old, feeling regretful for it. And I'm missing everything about that time..


I was 16 when I first heard this album (which is actually what it was back then). My father noticed how moved I was by Mr. Winston, he bought a huge upright piano for me and put it in my room. Over the next two years I learned about music and wrote some of my own too. When I had a bad day at school or was feeling that typical teenage angst, I would listen to this album and, like magic, all the pain would simply disappear. It is the most sacred childhood experience/memory for me.

Mark R

I've lived in the northern tier of the U.S. (Massachusetts) all of my life and have luckily lived thru 65 winters thus far.Winters here are a time for reflection, introspection, rumination, etc It's a serious time of the year.

Joe J

I listen to this every year during the first snowfall. I sit in a chair near the window, sometimes light a fire, and just watch and listen. It used to be that the kids simply knew not to bother me. Now, more and more, they put down the Facebook and video games and join me.

Person of Interest

My son has went to sleep so many times since he was born on my lap to this album. We just had a wonderful conversation about it as he dozed off this evening. He is 5 and loves George Winston.

Jerm Gibson

I've been an addict for 20 years.. Not bragging or anything, just saying. My neighbors John turned me on to this beautiful music & it really helps me calm myself when I'm feeling anxious. I would have LOVED to buy all his cds for my mom but she was killed in a terrible accident shortly after I heard these beautiful works.. Thank you Mr. Winston for helping me thru the healing process of my addiction. I feel the presence of God when I listen to you & I appreciate that more than you can ever know. May God bless you & keep you always.. Sincerely, Dana Porter-Izzo

Sharon Porter


Thank you for letting me evoke my daddy who passed away 4years away. When I was 12(29y ago), he gave me this CD piano album and I really enjoyed it a lot! It toughed my feeling and drove me calm and quiet when I need relax and good sleep. Also I had great imaginations listening George Winston's album. My most favorite of his piano playing are Canon and Joy. I played the piano both as well, when my daddy bought a very nice piano on my birthday. Only I have such a great and happy memory for George Winston with my daddy. And now, it's snowing in NYC today, it's the 2nd in this winter. Daddy, I miss you so much. Love you!

Kyongjin KIM LECOMTE







No comments:

Post a Comment