Monday, January 15, 2024

BE OBSERVANT...Neville Goddard, Seven

BE OBSERVANT...Neville Goddard, Seven

The importance of objectively observing your thoughts cannot be stressed enough. It is easy to slip into thought patterns that can hinder us in achieving our desires. It then becomes easy to blame others or attribute our frustrations to second causes. 

Being a rather impatient person, I am usually anxious to get home after work and I particularly dislike waiting in lines. I began to notice that no matter what time I chose to pick up a few items at the market, I would encounter problems at the check stand such as price checks needing to be done, people writing checks who had trouble locating their identification, and various other kinds of delays. I found myself dreading these occasions, and I wanted to do something about this annoying situation. As I began to observe my thoughts, I found that, while standing in line, I would say to myself, “I always have to wait.” Then I realized that those statements made over and over again had created that which I did not wish to experience. I consciously changed that statement to, “No matter when I stop at the market, I never have to wait.” Of course that new statement has worked just as well as the old negative one. 

As you begin to observe your thoughts, do not be discouraged if you find that your inner conversations do not match the way you would feel if you have achieved your goal. You must first become aware of what you are doing with your creative power before you can begin to change it. I ask you to go down to the “potter’s house” and see what he is doing. If the vessel is spoiled, then rework it into the kind of vessel that will please you. 

As you begin observing your thoughts, you cannot avoid the realization that you alone are the cause of all that comes into your world. You, alone, can change it.


No comments:

Post a Comment