Friday, January 12, 2024

CONSCIOUS USE OF THE LAW...Neville Goddard, Four

CONSCIOUS USE OF THE LAW...Neville Goddard, Four

At this time, I’m going to talk about who I am and what I am doing. If that sounds ego centered, it is. There have been 66 books written about who I am. I’m going to quote some statements from a few of those books. You have heard many of these quotes but didn’t realize that they were talking about the being that I am. The first quote is taken from the Book of Exodus. Here, Moses is talking to God and he said, “When I go back to the people, who shall I say has sent me?” The voice answers, “Tell them I am has sent me unto you. That is my name forever and the name I shall be known by throughout all generations.” The Ten Commandments state, “Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” “Shalt not” is a command. “Shalt not” means you must not. It means that under no circumstances must you do it. That name is I AM. 

Now, first of all, we have all forgotten His name. We say, “I am” hundreds of times a day and we don’t know we are using the name of God. Secondly, we try to break the Commandment all day long. We pay no attention to what we say following “I AM.” When we say, “I AM” and follow it with something we would not like in our world, we are using the Name of the Lord – but not in vain. The Bible states we cannot use the Name in vain. Nothing we say preceded by “I AM” is in vain. That’s his Name. It is God Himself and because it is God, it is creative. God gave us Himself. He is “I AM” and that is who I am. I can never forget that I am. I may forget who I am or where I am but I can never forget that I exist. 

Whenever I say “I AM”, I AM [is] creating something. Prayer is believing that we have already received that which we ask. When I say, “I am,” I am attaching my awareness of being to something. Now, you can lie and not believe what you are saying, but you cannot believe something about “I am” and not create it. We are creating morning, noon, and night by our “I am” statements. If you say, “I don’t feel well” and you believe it, you are perpetuating illness in your life. You must change those statements to “I feel wonderful.” We were taught, “Let the weak man say, ‘I am strong.’” But, you can’t say it like a parrot. We have to pray (say I am), believing that it is true, and then we will receive. 

First, we must be like the Watchman at the Gate. We must watch every thought that contains I Am. If you are observant, you will see that you have created every circumstance and experience of your life. 

Another important word to watch is “if.” The conscious mind is very subtle in expressing doubt (Satan or the Devil). We may be able to keep our minds focused on what we want by using positive “I” statements. If we are not careful, we may let a little “If” sneak in without recognizing its implication. We could say, “I feel wonderful” but then follow it with “If the pain continues, however, I will see a doctor on Tuesday.” “If’s” are always followed by something negative and that is simply doubt creeping in to steal the good seed we have sown. Remove the word “if” from your vocabulary, as it is not productive of that which you would like to reap. “If” puts everything in the past or future tense, and I always experience what I believe I am. I am is not future tense. Getting well is not being well. I must believe that I am already what I want to be. 

Remember, “Every word that goeth forth from my mouth shall not return unto me void.” Do you believe it? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” What’s his Name? I Am. So, begin to monitor every word (I AM) that you say. Do you see a pattern? Don’t the circumstances of your life reflect what you have been saying? You have been misusing the creative power that is God (I AM). Now that you are aware of what you have been doing, watch every word and make it conform to what you wish to bring into your life. Eventually, you will have faith that what you are stating, though there is no outward evidence to support it, is a fact in consciousness and will shortly project itself so that you may experience it in the outer. Knowing that God actually became you because He is I AM, you must realize that you are using your power to create every time you use that Name.


No comments:

Post a Comment